Mouse Arrow Off on My Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kreftm

I recently bought a Dell XPS 420. I love it so far but have a problem. My mouse moved where I want it to, but doesn't line up correctly on the screen. For example, to X out of a window, I need to kind of feel around with my mouse until I find the spot on the screen that the "X" actually lights up and can be toggled. Simply clicking on the "X" does not work; most of the time it's a little above and to the left. Any ideas? I've tried changing my screen resolution and bought a new mouse. I have a Dell 22" monitor.

My apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum, but I suspect this may be a video problem instead of a mouse problem.

Im not sure if this would help but you could try changing the settings on the monitor with the buttons on it. Considering you have the buttons on your monitor.

I am really mystified by this. You can try going into 'control panel' and choosing 'mouse'. Go into 'pointers' and try different 'schemes' and see if any of those help you get on the mark. There are other selections on the mouse menu that may...just may...help. I hope so. One more thing...are you using a wireless mouse? If so...try one that is wired into the machine. I'm really sorry that I don't have something more to assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back