Mouse calibration

msta999

I know this isn't really related to what this forum does, but I don't know where else to look for help. I bought a new computer (HP notebook G62) and the mouse is off by 1/4 inch. I have looked in the help menus and try'd searching this computer, but came up with nothing. Can someone tell me how to recalibrate my mouse pointer?

Do you mean your mouse doesn't go all the way to side of your display screen?????

If yes (or even no, for that matter) i wonder if your display is set to the wrong screen resolution and/or if you have the video driver loaded (or if you're running with Windows generic driver)

/* edit */
You can click Control Panel->Display->Settings to check/change your resolution

If resolution doesn't seem to be the issue, Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

Tmagic, I have checked windows auto update and install.

LookinAround, I have to put my mouse to the right of where I want it. Take the word "other", if I want to replace the "h" with a "t, I have to put my mouse on the "e" to get it inbetween the h and t.

Ohhhh.. Ugh! :(

In that case, i'd say look at the mouse drivers on the computer. go to the HP website for your computer support and check to see if they mouse drivers there then i'd try reinstalling the mouse drivers first

/* edit */
p.s. What version of Windows are you running?

btw.. you;ll also need to be more specific on your model number. I just looked at HP site and they have many, many variations of the G62 (e.g. G62-200XX vs. others)

/* edit */
And any chance it's still under warranty?

model: G62-225DX

Yes, it is still under warranty. I'll see if I can update the mouse driver, didn't think of that.

Back