Mouse/Keyboard not getting power, No signal on monitor

By ryans1091
Mar 13, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I recently came home and my computer wasn't working properly. Everything was turning on like normal, and everything sounded normal, except I had no signal on my monitor, and my keyboard/mouse weren't getting any power. Sometimes I will get lucky and the keyboard/mouse will randomly start to work, and I am able to get into my computer, until I shut it down before I go to bed, then It doesn't work once again. When the computer is on and I slowly insert the USB Mouse, I can see it light up then it fades quickly. I have tried different mouse/keyboards and still have had the same issue.

I checked the capacitors and everything looks fine. I have also tried draining the power or whatever (Holding down the power button while it is unplugged). I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe for my motherboard, and I have a NVIDIA 7600 GT for my graphics card. I can see the fans spinning on the CPU fan, Chipset fan, graphics card fan, PSU fan. Please help!'

I have been reading online about hearing "Beeps" I have not heard any, nor do I recall hearing any before this problem happened. I need to remind you that my computer was untouched in my room and when I came home I found this problem.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.