Mouse not clicking certain things

Hey there, this problem seems to be fairly recent, as I have never noticed it until a couple of weeks ago.

When I click one thing, Google Chrome for example, the taskbar below becomes un-clickable unless I spam left and right click together. After getting onto the taskbar, Chrome then does the same thing - unable to click unless spammed with left and right together. The same problem applies to different windows, such as the PC settings page (only difference is that nothing is clickable at all), the Windows search bar (windows key + s) and Source Filmmaker (which has multiple windows within it, making it extremely tedious to navigate since I have to spam click left/right together every time I change window).

I'm running Windows 8.1.
The mouse I am using is HAVIT HV-MS672

Things I've tried:

-Removing malware with Malwarebytes.
-Switching to my previous mouse (which also had clicking issues, but not as bad as what it is currently on both mice)
-Switching USB ports.

Also worth noting that my mouse has a broken button as of recently, but that's only the page back button on the left side of the mouse. It shouldn't be an issue, though.

I have tried another mouse, but a similar thing happened. Would you suggest upgrading to Windows 10 yet? Perhaps 8.1 doesn't like me, or perhaps my mouse driver is simply corrupted.

Have you tried resizing the screen resolution? I've seen it where the problem was the screen resolution. Are you using multiple monitors?

Let us know if any of these suggestions work!

Back