Mouse Not Functioning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joejoejoe

Since i have rebooted my computer my mouse has not been functioning. it works on other pcs just not mine-apparantly i need a microsoft software cd to install my mouse-however it is not microsoft. The brand is called 'laser'. Does anyone know where i can download this software? oh yeah, the mouse has usb connection-the mouse is called

PC LINE FL1 LASER MOUSE

i have tried all usb ports and dnt knw about the exclam marks-will check-the pc does recognise a new device yet it does not function due to not having the necessary software. i have not got internet at home also-

Well, just select the device and configure it as a standard HID mouse. That is how I use my laser mice and they work fine.

Even without the specific software the mouse should function as a basic mouse on generic MS drivers.

Still Not Working!!!

apologies but i was not recieving any detection from the mouse and its still not being detected. i have tried to download the microsoft intellipoint 5.2 onto a cd and then install it on my pc but it will not install!!! very frustrating-i cannot configure the mouse as a HID because i cannot use the mouse at all! how do configure a mouse with only a keyboard?

joejoejoe said:
Since i have rebooted my computer my mouse has not been functioning. it works on other pcs just not mine-apparantly i need a microsoft software cd to install my mouse-however it is not microsoft. The brand is called 'laser'. Does anyone know where i can download this software? oh yeah, the mouse has usb connection-the mouse is called

PC LINE FL1 LASER MOUSE
apologies but i was not recieving any detection from the mouse and its still not being detected. i have tried to download the microsoft intellipoint 5.2 onto a cd and then install it on my pc but it will not install!!! very frustrating-i cannot configure the mouse as a HID because i cannot use the mouse at all! how do configure a mouse with only a keyboard?

iss said:
Even without the specific software the mouse should function as a basic mouse on generic MS drivers.

CCT said:
Well, just select the device and configure it as a standard HID mouse. That is how I use my laser mice and they work fine.

Please Help!!!!!

halo71 said:
Have you by chance tried a different USB port?

btw....Welcome to Techspot!! :D

Joe, you do not give any information about your computer, but if you're using Windows 2000 or Windows XP, you can try doing a System Restore to a date before the mouse stopped functioning:

For Windows XP:
Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore> click to check 'restore my computer to an earlier time'> Next> choose a date in Bold on the left> Next> name the Restore point 'before mouse stopped' (something you will recognize)> OK.

Let the computer do the Restore. When you reboot, see if that takes care of the problem. It may be that an update came in and caused a problem. This will remove the update however.

Be sure to close any open Windows and the Email screen before doing the Restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back