Logitech thinks the computer mouse needs an AI upgrade

zohaibahd

Staff
WTF?! AI tools such as ChatGPT have been boosting productivity for many. However, it can also be counterintuitive to often requiring users to interrupt their workflow and copy-paste prompts – a process that can be downright clunky. Get ready to bid adieu to those frustrations because Logitech has cooked up a mouse with a dedicated AI button.

The newly-launched Signature AI Edition Mouse is essentially a souped-up version of the popular Signature M750. It's virtually the same package but packs an extra button that launches the Logi AI Prompt Builder app, powered by none other than ChatGPT.

The idea is pretty clever. Instead of having to switch apps or open a new window, the Prompt Builder overlays right on top of whatever you're working on. Need to draft an email but struggling to find the right words? Hit that AI button, describe what you need in a few words, and let ChatGPT work its magic.

Logitech has pre-loaded a bunch of handy prompt "recipes" to get you started. There are options for rephrasing, summarizing, and adjusting the tone from academic to playful. You can obviously specify word counts too, so ChatGPT knows whether you need a short blurb or an epic novella.

Once the AI has cooked up its suggestion, just paste the text into your document and tweak as needed.

Of course, a mouse is just one way to integrate AI assistance. Earlier this year, Microsoft announced it's building a dedicated "Copilot" key into new PCs and Surface devices, also leveraging OpenAI tech. But Logitech's approach has a big advantage - it is designed to work across any app on Windows or Mac.

At $49.99, the AI mouse isn't exactly an impulse buy. But Logitech has also made the feature available through an update to its Logi Options+ software, compatible with a range of its keyboards and mice, including the MX, Ergo, Signature, and Studio Series.

The Signature AI Edition Mouse launches in the US and UK next month. One has to wonder, what's the next point of access? Perhaps a pair of AI-enabled headphones with a voice command hotkey?

Permalink to story:

So... A macro button. Logitech went through all this trouble to tell us that they're releasing their thousand product that includes a macro button...

I mean sure, it sounds like they really put some effort on their tie in software solution but when was the last time you bought a logitech peripheral product for their software solution? In fact once you maybe set up the macros you want to use with it you probably never open their software again so it's a use once every 2-3 years cycle (That's about how long their products tend to last btw)

This is just...Ok look I know the impulse is to go 'Well of course this is just a gimmick' you need to ask yourself if what ChatGPT and basically every other AI product are doing is not also a useless gimmick as well...Because it is: this just looks extra bad because is the second level of gimmick.

Plus it's not even their best product: why would I give up my mx anywhere 3 and actually useful macro buttons like pairing to many different system just so I can save the half a second it takes me to alt tab into a ChatGPT window which in turn is only saving me maybe 30 seconds in and of itself if I decide I can just type whatever I'm trying to do anyway?

And let's not forget that mouse company software is already incredibly invasive. I try NOT to have it. Logitech, Razer, etc have multiple processes running AND phoning/polling home constantly. Just no.

I like having a few extra buttons I can program, but the software hammers my outgoing firewall. Thankfully there are some software alternatives.

I can hardly wait until I try and drag a file into the recycling bin and my mouse decides I'm making a mistake and executes the file instead...

Does having an Ai button on your mouse make it an Ai computer if you don't have one on your keyboard? I'm going to need MS to update us on what an Ai computer is.

An abundance of assistance will eventually render users unable to do without.
Atrophy is a real thing. I notice it often in phone-overusers. These are definitely things that should be handled with care and/or moderation.

But perhaps that's irrelevant: soon AI's will be able to run personal computers and phones without user input. Cheaper too as those machines will not require screens. 😁

Years back I predicted AI will be a propaganda tool and used in health insurance, political news and military. It will be used by evil elites and if caught of wrong doing they will just blame the AI system. It will also be used in climate agenda. AI will open a can of worms when working with diversity, equity, and inclusion.

Reread my comment and look at the word "USED" and add 3 letters before it (ABU)

Years back I predicted AI will be a propaganda tool and used in health insurance, political news and military. It will be used by evil elites and if caught of wrong doing they will just blame the AI system. It will also be used in climate agenda. AI will open a can of worms when working with diversity, equity, and inclusion.

Reread my comment and look at the word "USED" and add 3 letters before it (ABU)

USA's "Stargate" and "Looking Glass". There's a simulator which calculates optimal profit tactics for the elite. The public information about those two is edited to hide the real technology in use, top secret.
It really does seem to me that every possible old trick from the book is being used against the mass. There's no escape from the insanity it seems.
It's good to see that one alternative media website that released their own custom AI which is tailored against global mental illness fashions. For free, just to help whoever seeks it. Currently v0.1.1 they have a long way of perfecting it, but at least they acted instead of being stuck on reacting and allowing only the elite give solutions.

USA's "Stargate" and "Looking Glass". There's a simulator which calculates optimal profit tactics for the elite. The public information about those two is edited to hide the real technology in use, top secret.
It really does seem to me that every possible old trick from the book is being used against the mass. There's no escape from the insanity it seems.
It's good to see that one alternative media website that released their own custom AI which is tailored against global mental illness fashions. For free, just to help whoever seeks it. Currently v0.1.1 they have a long way of perfecting it, but at least they acted instead of being stuck on reacting and allowing only the elite give solutions.
We need to design an AI system that can study our politicians from both past and present and try and connect the dots to what shady actions have been happening and maybe predict what the future may hold be judging the sources/actions and what other politicians in other countries goals are or what they want to build.

Maybe a 2nd AI system that studies guilt, anger and moral values and treasonous actions. A system that studies voice tones and other patterns. Can you imagine it be being mandatory by putting a chip in a politician while in office that can........................

Back