Mouse pointer and hourglass

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi: my mouse pointer started going to the hourglass every few seconds..I amrunning a Discovery windows xp with sp3..its been great until about a week or so ago..and my pc is very slow to load also..but the weird thing about this..when I log off and go onto the other log on site, the pointer does not to it??? I am running AVG and have ran all the virus scans and nothing has showed up..also have ran ad-aware, spyware doctor, spybot with nothing shown up..
please help
thankyou so much,

maryc

Hi : I have done all that in the past week.. I have also ran a full scan using AVG 8.0 ..I just ran malwarebytes and spydoctor ,spybot..

Good morning::Yes I have ran ccleaner. yesterday, my pc worked fine..no hourglass but today its Back???!!! any more suggestions?? I will take any??!!!

maryc

Turn off system restore, then run the scans again. Go to control panel, system, advanced, system protection, and uncheck the checked boxes. After you run the scans, re-enable system restore

hi: I reinstalled windows and the problem is gone..The problem started, now that I look back on it, was when I installed a program called "Rapport" which I believed was to make online banking more secure..although, I had removed the program from "uninstall", it apparently was still working in the background, as I could see it using lots of cpu in task manager but could not remove it from there. so, hopefully its all cleared up and my pc is working much faster again!!! thank you all for your help ..maryc

So scan your computer regularly with the antispyware programs we mentioned here, and you will remain faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back