Mouse Pointer Goes CRAZY

Status
Not open for further replies.
It first happened when I played Anachronox but I managed to fix the problem somehow...(I used Norton to fix something in my Registry and everything was OK, but I had to do that everytime I started the computer). I thought it's a problem with the game and I didn't pay attention to it.
But today, I had the same problem when I was playing a game online. The pointer runs all over the screen and opens windows, it does all kind of weird things, as if I would click the mouse buttons, when actually I don't... It mainly goes to the edges of the screen and stays there if I don't move the mouse. I'm desperate, please someone help.

Thank you very much.

Sorry for my English

Well what mouse are you using? You should try looking for updated drivers at the makers website? That would surely help. Post back with the make of youre mouse.

Good Luck

Sean

BTW- Your english is very good! :D

Does it click things accurately? Like clicks on buttons and menus as if it knew what it was doing?

You may have remote control software enabled in your computer meaning that someone can do whatever they want there remotely. If you think you shouldn't have something like that there then have your computer cleaned and secured by someone knowledgeable.

Problem solved

It looks like it had something to do with the hardware acceleration. I decreased that a bit and everything works just fine now.

Thanks everyone for replying.

Best regards,
Amelie

It makes alittle sense, but why would it only happen every once in a while. It makes ense if your system is lagging and trying to catch up with previous mouse clicks, but not the accelearation. Anyway glad to hear you got it fixed.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

hey yeah i get the EXACT same dilemma.. it goes mad and runs over the left hand side of the screen mainly.. opens START and other files, folders and closes others.. its stupid... the mouse i'm using is A4 Tech....anyway if anyone can help me... cus this happens alot.. probs 4/5 times a day.. and its really really antagonising!! cus it can last for about 10 seconds to a minute..

please post back!!

<<m0r53_c0d3>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back