Mouse pointer problem, Win 7

Hello, I have really strange problem that I couldn't find any solution. I have HP Probook 4710s and Windows 7 ultimate installed.
My mouse pointer won't move whether I use mouse or touchpad. Well to be exact sometimes rarely I can move it, but its lagging. So I decided to reinstall windows and format my disk, just to be on safe side. It didn't solve the problem. I tried to shout down my laptop and pull out battery and power. It still didn't solve the problem. Interesting is that my pointer wouldn't move even when I was installing windows.
Now with "fresh" windows when I connect my mouse it won't recognize it, but it still worked for a minute (lagging) then I saw that the LED in the mouse is off -.-
Please if you have any suggestions what I can try to fix or diagnose this problem, post it ;)

If you are still having this issue you may try booting your computer in safe mode, and trying with a wired mouse, 7 Ultimate has had numerous issues with wireless USB mice in my experiences.

Feel free to contact me if you still need assistance.

Download USBDVIEW and run as the adminstrator
Remove all disconnection from the list. Do not touch Connections
Reboot system
If this doesn't work
Go into the Device Manager
Remove all USB controllers
Don't worry Windows will rebuild them for you when you reboot the system.
If this still doesn't work
remove the current mouse via USB to another USB port.
touch-pads do go bad on laptops they need to be replaced only if the driver updated still doesn't work.

Back