TechSpot

Mouse settings?

By Dawn1113
Nov 29, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Up until recently, I'd never been particular about peripherals. In fact, it is only now that I've begun to experiment with the features of my mouse driver -- all of which are quite new to me. So I'm curious as to what mouse settings you guys use.

For now, mine are as follows:

- Polling rate is still at default 8ms.
    - Mouse speed is at 6/11 in Windows, enhanced pointer precision off, MarkC fix enabled.
    - Mouse dpi settings are at 1200 dpi on a 1920x1080 monitor. I toggle down to 400 dpi when necessary.
    - Usually, I have the in-game mouse sensitivity set to medium or low.

I'm using a Corsair M60.

What settings do you use when gaming? Do you use these same settings for everything else?

2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

I don't really have access to my desktop right now, so this is a wild guess on my memory, on what I use:

Windows sens. something like 6/10.
    1080p monitor.
    Maxed polling rate (1000?)
    2600DPI on desktop
    3400DPI on FPS and other usual games
    5600DPI for some weird games with slow movement, or LoL/HoN/DotA (HoN I play mainly) or other RTS as necessary.

Dawn1113 likes this.
  3. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Here's my G500 settings off the top of my head:
    - Polling rate 1ms (1000Hz), there's no disadvantage of a higher polling rate unless you're using a really old CPU.
    - Mouse speed around 3 or 4 in Windows, acceleration on
    - DPI 1800/3600/5700, mostly use 3600 in games.
    - I turn the mouse acceleration off in game and leave the sensitivity as it is.

Dawn1113 likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.