Mouse wheel jumps

Hurriken

I have a Logitech G500 mouse. I've had it for 6 months with no problems. I am having trouble now though. When I scroll the mouse wheel sometimes I will stop and the scroll bar will jump an inch or so. It does it in Firefox, Win IE 7 and in Windows explorer. My OS is XP Pro. I reformatted and reinstalled XP (not for this reason) and I figured it would go away but it didn't. Any ideas?

Perhaps there is a better driver available for your mouse from Logitech. If that doesn't help, your mouse could be going south.

I have the current drivers but I'm wondering...What I did was plug the mouse in and let XP find the drivers. Then I installed the Logitech drivers. I'm wondering if it isn't using the Logitech drivers...the driver version seems to match though. I thought about deleting the drivers and trying to install the drivers right off the Logitech disk. BTW, the mouse is fairly new, it couldn't possibly be worn out already.

It wouldn't hurt to try reinstalling the drivers. It's not necessarily worn out but it could be going bad as in defective.

Back