Moved PC and cannot connect to Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

14 of a hotdog

So i moved my pc onto a new desk in the same place in the same room and it will not connect the dsl recignises that its connected and it says its connected to a network but cannot connect to the internet. The computer im using now is right next to it and can connect fine. I have tried using this ones ethernet cord, unpluging and turning off the modem, restarting, reinstalling my motherboards ethernet drivers, turnin the pc off than hitting the switch on the power supple and hitting the power button than turning the power supply back on and starting it, i have tried the things windows has recomended, and all of the automatic diagnose and repair things i could find and it will still only say that its connected to an unknown network and not the internet. i have not noticed any other problems. So what should i do?

i have verizon dsl 756 mbps with windows vista. all my other system specs should be on my profile.

p.s. sorry for the horrible spelling errors this computer is 6 years old or something like that and to slow to do anything on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back