TechSpot

Movie studios eyeing compensation from LimeWire after RIAA judgement

By Shawn Knight
Feb 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Six major movie and TV companies are among the latest to sue the once popular peer-to-peer file sharing service LimeWire. The suit comes less than a year after founder Markā€¦

Read the whole story

2. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TS Enthusiast Posts: 186

I wonder. If he were to commit suicide, would all the dept and money just disappear into thin air? Or would someone be responsible for it?

3. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,724   +63

I wonder if I let my friend use my hammer and he uses it to rob a bank if I will get into trouble.

4. pheonixnexus

pheonixnexus TS Rookie

Wait "illegal fire sharing practices." my mp3 player can be used as a flamethrower?!

5. If I run a bar and someone comes in, shares a joint in the corner, and leaves - should I go to prison as a drug dealer?

6. If someone picks up a rake from my yard and murders the neighbour, am I a murderer?

7. Most media is crap these days and not worth paying for. I think all these media companies are in for a $urprise. What makes pop popular is it's proliferation and the "me too" reaction. Watch them make even less money now... ha ha ha!

8. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

Flamethrowers are legal.

9. Nope in that case, but if you know what they are doing and they are coming again and again to do the same thing with your knowledge, you are party to them.

10. Wait... If I walk into Walmart and stride past the cookie aisle, does that make me the cookie monster?

11. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

If you stride past the women's clothes you're a crossdresser.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.