TechSpot

Mozilla brings near-native application performance to the web with asm.js

By Jesse
May 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Mozilla has developed a version of JavaScript called asm.js that they claim will offer performance near that of native code, which will allow a web browser to run almost any application, reports Ars Technica.

Read more

2. FF222

FF222 TS Booster Posts: 84   +29

This is like how old news? A month? Or two? Also the asm.js repository on GitHub was created half a year ago.

3. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Addict Posts: 439   +84

There are so many codes now, I don't even know. In my college I want to take Java, but I not require for my major, but Professor Murphy said is the most widely used code. I told him to recommend me a java book but he couldn't. Maybe some one here can.

In regards to this post I say if it makes things easier I say all the better.

4. Zeromus

Zeromus TS Booster Posts: 224   +7

I admit it is old, but back in the day all I would ever read is techspot. So at least you guys are appealing to those who don't have lots of sources for info. So thanks (even though my comments get deleted very often :mad: )

5. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,902   +528

This is Javascript not Java. If you want a java book then be prepared to read HUGE books (1 is usually not enough).

w3schools is a good place to start looking for JS tutorials. As for Java there are a lot of websites that have good tutorials.

6. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 428   +44

Littleczr - check out KhanAcademy.org - the future of education. Everything is free and it shows u how to code in videos and then u get to use that knowledge with built-in IDE On their site. Check it out - it got me thru A levels !!

Littleczr likes this.
  7. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TS Booster Posts: 304   +62

Yeah, I'm not a programmer or anything so this is new news to me! Way to go Firefox! :-D

But if it is so old, why is it not being used?

8. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TS Booster Posts: 304   +62

Oops, Mozilla*

Noob typo

9. tw0rld

tw0rld TS Maniac Posts: 572   +6

10. tw0rld

tw0rld TS Maniac Posts: 572   +6

Now I see what's happening the word "JavaScript" is being auto corrected to "Java" "Script". sorry about that Puiu.

11. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,310   +56

I find this good news. I never really got on the classes, methods, etc. bandwagon as I learned programming in the 1980s before this existed. I always wondered why it got so blessed complicated like it did. It's like little cliques of programmers exist and you can't even approach a job without 30 years of experience. Ironically, consultants in my day said they had 30 years experience and programming had only been around for 5 years. I really just installed oses and packages as the money was better except in very high end programming. Helped out applications programmers too. I only hope this appeals more to american college graduates starting out.

12. RajeGera

RajeGera TS Rookie Posts: 50

Good to see new comings in Javascript but still javascript and its derivatives is very popular among coders.