TechSpot

Mozilla developers working on Firefox graphics, JavaScript

By Jos
Apr 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. With the release of Firefox 4 Mozilla gave a notable performance boost to its popular browser, but there\'s still some way to go before taking the speed crown from its…

Read the whole story
  2. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 431   +8

Although I did indeed notice definite speed improvements in FF4 with my day to day browsing and work, I still would love it to be faster. I mean, it's never a bad thing. And it doesn't seem to utilize graphics cards very well like IE9 and Chrome seem to do. So get to cracking Mozilla!
  3. Jesse

Jesse TechSpot Staff Posts: 368   +39

I love firefox but it still has a long way to go. It is very slow with some jquery scripts, actually ff3.6 ran my easing animations better than ff4. And I wish they would do something about the crappy font rendering. Webfonts in Chrome look amazing compared to firefox.
  4. Unclean009

Unclean009 Newcomer, in training

Crappy font rendering? For me it's the best looking rendering out of the big 3. I honestly think it's very dependent on hardware and D2d.
  5. Gars

Gars TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 228

i dont no about the rendering engine - its the best looking (meaning pages looks great) browser
    i quickly move back to FF after 4
    chrome is still fastest and lack of extensions ofc
  6. Clrabbit

Clrabbit Newcomer, in training Posts: 90

Fan of Aurora*

FireFox has gotten better FF4/Aurora(5?) is the first build I consider to be day-to-day useable (With a lot of tweaking).

Over all Opera still wins for speed 90% of the time and best tools, but has too many strange bugs when doing development so you have to switch between FireFox a lot well doing development.

I still admire Opera for the fact that when one somebody elses computer I can download it and 2 Extensions and have a lot of advanced configuration done in a couple of minutes, FireFox is 1-2hrs of finding about 24~30 Extensions (Depending on what you want it to do) and then remembering were all the different option windows are.

my #1 complainant to firefox vs opera for development is FireFox's Cache system.... Cache viewer is an improvement but vs Operas built-in Cache search FF is a epic nightmare.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.