Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
If you are looking for an alternative browser, please let this be it... and in case you are not, I really recommend you to try Mozilla Firebird, which currently stands as my favourite browser (sorry Opera lovers - IE purits may want to check this out, at least).

Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1 is a minor bug-fix release fixing a few critical issues in Mozilla Firebird 0.6, as well as some other minor bug fixes and changes.

would be better if you could keep it from wanting to autocomplete your web addresses you are typing in.

After playing with Firebird .6 for a day it quickly became my favorite browser. I use it exclusively now. Since it isn't even at rev 1.0 yet I see great potential in it's future.

SNGX1275, if the options doesn't have a place to turn it off you may be able to turn it off in the advanced options by typing "about:config" in the URL.

Its still a little basic for me, however its heavily under development, as you so properly pointed out.

How much memory (not hard disk space) does Firebird occupy? The FAQ says 18MB, which isn't that much different from IE6 (about 21MB on average, for me that is).

Originally posted by SNGX1275
would be better if you could keep it from wanting to autocomplete your web addresses you are typing in

Type about:config as the url, then edit accessibility:typeaheadfind options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back