TechSpot

Mozilla Firebird 0.8 Released

By TS | Thomas
Nov 7, 2003
  1. Just noticed over on the Mozilla FTP that one of todays latest uploads was an automated installer version of Firebird for Windows. Most interesting is that it claims to be Version 0.8 & is identified as Version 0.8 as well by the likes of Shockwave Flash installer.

Update: This was actually a nightly build, while it may be safe to download and run this version of Mozilla, note it's still not a version meant for wide public distribution. Download link.

2. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

Be advised, it's a Nightly Build and not an official release. My DL at work showed as a Ver. "7+". Flash Player installer called it an 8. I'll wait for an official release for my personal computer.

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,657   +323

I installed it and it wouldn't even open up. No more Mozilla for me for a LONG time, it screwed up the other night too with my previous install - click a link - boom instant close of all Mozilla windows.
    I'll stick with something more reliable, and faster to load, and more compatable with webpages. Like IE.

4. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

Mozilla has never worked good with my Windows machines, though it is my favored browser for Linux. I too will wait for an official release, as nightly builds seem to be more like nightmares in most cases.

5. jstillion

jstillion TS Rookie Posts: 107

I've had no trouble with Mozilla since 1.0 and Firebird 0.7. It's been working perfectly (except for 1.4 installtion issue which was fixed in 1.4.1).

I use Mozilla at home Windows XP SP1 & Firbird at work. Now the profiles with firbird can be intersting due to lack of a installation, espically if you have both installed.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.