Mozilla Firefox & Macromedia Flash Player

By Feisty49
Jan 1, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anybody have problems installing Macromedia Flash Player when in Firefox? I've tried on and off for a few weeks now to download/install, and no matter what I do -- and there's really nothing other than clicking on Next and accepting Macromedia's agreement -- it just does not install. Firefox may be good, but there are a couple of things that just don't run on it and we're forced to use IE. Thanks for any info! :eek:
  2. Peddant

Peddant Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,644

3. au071

au071 Newcomer, in training Posts: 25

Do you have admin rights?
  4. Feisty49

Feisty49 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 18

Au071: I am the sole user of a home computer so I do have admin rights.

Peddant: Thanks for the link to the download site. You ask if Firefox is my default browser. Uhm... not quite sure what you mean by this. I have installed on my 'puter both IE and Firefox. When I go out to the Internet, I click on the icon of whichever browser I want to use. So I guess I have two default browsers, depending on what I open?
  5. Peddant

Peddant Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,644

Re default browser-Assuming you have the latest version(1.5) Open Firefox,go to tools/options/general and check the box "Firefox should check......." then click "check now" click "Yes" when/if it asks.Then go to the link in my first post and choose the XPI install(half way down page)When you do that you should see a warning at top of page.Click "Edit options",and add that site to the "allow" list.Then,click the XPI install again and follow the instructions.Restart Firefox to finish install.It`s a lot simpler than I`m making it sound.Possibly.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.