Mozilla kicks off faster Firefox release schedule with Aurora

By Jos
Apr 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Taking a page from Google Chrome's dev team Mozilla is transitioning to shorter release cycles for its Firefox web browser. The company said last month that Firefox 5, Firefox 6, and Firefox 7 would all ship this year, and in a recent roadmap it detailed how the new development model will go from the Mozilla central repository to final release.

Read the whole story
  2. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

I'll try Aurora releases, the 4.0 release is very laggy on my Macbook.
  3. Zen

Zen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 861   +45

I'm kind of interested in this, I might just have a try of that Aurora Browser. But only after I learn how to create a different web profile for it. I don't want it installing on top of my Firefox 4.0, as it claims that it will.
  4. Chazz

Chazz TS Evangelist Posts: 669   +72

I used Nightly firefox all throughout the firefox 3.7(later 4.0) development. It was extremely stable, I only remember having one issue and It was because I was using a beta version of flash. If it weren't for the daily updates, I'd reccomend it to others. I don't mind it at all but I'm sure others would.
  5. Coodu

Coodu TS Booster Posts: 173

Apart from the font rendering which made my eyes bleed, I'm loving Firefox 4. All my friends call me a slowpoke for not using Chrome, but I've been with FF since it launched and been very happy.
  6. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

I tried all the Firefox 4 betas and didn't experience any problems. I might try the Aurora build to check out the new features of Firefox 5.