TechSpot

Mozilla releases Firefox 10 stable version

By Shawn Knight
Jan 31, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Mozilla has released Firefox 10 as a fully stable version available for download today. The latest iteration of the open source browser brings a number of minor changes that are…

Read the whole story

2. about time !

3. I believe you meant to say, "It’s a small change but it makes sense as there is nowhere to go once you are already at the most current page."

4. and still no x64 version :(

5. I like firefox ..but i don't like their versioning system.

4 minor features, some fixes and a full major version increment is out! WTF!

This is not a good way of competing with Chrome... quality is not in higher version number .. !

6. RH00D

RH00D TS Addict Posts: 412   +106

If you go to https://nightly.mozilla.org/ you can download a x64 version for Windows and Linux. It is the Nightly release version so it's not as stable as Aurora, Beta, or the final release version but it's still quite usable and great if you really want a x64 version.

7. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,175   +176

Still no TLS 1.2 yet? Scary to say but IE is leading the market with one aspect of security!

8. I expect it's still going to be sucking up a gigabyte of memory after a day or two of use. I don't want new features right now-- I want a stable browser that can handle the workload I throw at it.

9. "I like firefox ..but i don't like their versioning system.
    4 minor features, some fixes and a full major version increment is out! WTF!
    This is not a good way of competing with Chrome... quality is not in higher version number .. ! "

--> Version number has nothing to do with it. Its all about rolling releases out to users faster and in smaller chunks. Makes each update much easier for mozilla as there are less conflicts on any given release. Also we as the end users get finished pieces much sooner. So ff takes less memory, is faster, more stable, and more compliant then its ever been and its only getting better with each release!

"I expect it's still going to be sucking up a gigabyte of memory after a day or two of use. I don't want new features right now-- I want a stable browser that can handle the workload I throw at it."

-->If it is you might want to check your extensions. ff has fixed basically all serious memory leaks and fragmentation issues in the last 6 months of releases. If you figure out which extension it is, file a bug report. The folks working on firefox memshink would love to hear it.

10. The new firefox 10 does not allow me to add any addons still, any ideas?

11. that sounds very odd. try reinstalling firefox or check with the mozillazine forums for more technical help

12. I am still getting the "Firefox is already running..." error. I've tried all the fixes found online. Guess I have to change browsers. I am running Win 7 64bit.

13. control alt delete, then open task manager, then click firefox and select close program. That will close all running versions.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.