Mozilla renews Google agreement for default search in Firefox

By Jos
Dec 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Mozilla has just announced it is renewing its search partnership with Google for another three years, putting to rest concerns that the non-profit organization could lose its primary source of…

Read the whole story
  2. That's great news! Awesome.
  3. tragicallyhip

tragicallyhip TS Booster Posts: 84   +9

This deal was a no brain er for everyone involved,Google has to keep Firefox for no other reason than to deflect the glare of government regulators who are already raking Google over any number perceived acts of maleficence.The Firefox replacement options were a little thin, I.E?,opera?,CHROME?(not on a bet),Safari?.
  4. Zutronic

Zutronic TS Rookie

This is great news for Firefox!
  5. tehbanz

tehbanz TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

AWESOME! i switched to chrome because i was pretty sure google wouldn't re-sign, and i thought for sure Firefox was going to die..

I HATE CHROME! firefox here I come!
  6. BabyFaceLee

BabyFaceLee TS Enthusiast Posts: 86   +21

Hooray!!!! I'm so pleased Firefox will be around for a while yet.

I tried Google Chrome for a while (and don't get me started on IE!) but the flexibility and fully customisable featureset of Firefox means I shalln't be straying any time soon.

More power to their elbow! :)
  7. supportme

supportme TS Rookie Posts: 31

Chrome sucks... Firefox is the best browser...

ohh... but i have accessed TechSpot on Chrome... ;)
  8. Firefox would not die without google anyway, it's an open source project, so it would continue anyway and/or find other sources of revenue.
  9. I am sorry. Firefox is the first one in the world and after that all the IE, Google Chrome...etc. Simply everyone is following Firefox. I never go out of Firefox.
  10. And as to the recent highly publicised "statistics" about Chrome "overtaking" Firefox...

Still, marketing will always prevail because there are more than enough suckers out there.