TechSpot

Mozilla shows potential Firefox 3.7 theme

By Matthew
Jul 21, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It\'s only been a few weeks since Firefox 3.5 went live, and Mozilla has already released a mockup of 3.7’s theme. They have posted several screenshots of a potential user interface for the future build. The theme is displayed on Windows Vista and 7 (with and without Aero), as well as XP.

Read the whole story
  2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

I like the (potentially) new look. Definitely an improvement.
  3. polidiotic

polidiotic TS Rookie Posts: 103

Agreed for the most part. Not sure how I feel about the "Tools" placement.
  4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,060   +84 Staff Member

Aye, that makes three of us. I think it's definitely a step in the right direction. I don't really care for 4.0's tabs above the main toolbar, though.
  5. This just seems like its copying Chrome... which is good!
  6. Agreed, it looks a little like Chrome, which is actually a good thing. Google said at the beginning they wanted others to copy them, so here we go.
  7. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

Umm, this absolutely does not look like chrome whatsoever. You guests are probaby the same people that said Windows XP was a rip off of Mac OS X.
  8. T77

T77 TS Enthusiast Posts: 315

nice!
  9. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

It is the actual operation that bothers me.
    I was not fond of the way that 3.0 and 3.5 seemed to take over without apparent permission, and changed a lot of things that I found startling.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.