MP3's all different volumes!!!

By RustyZip
Dec 1, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi...

Im tired of having to keep adjusting my volume in Winamp when a new song starts...

All my MP3's seem to be recorded at different sound levels, is there a small good program that will alter that so that they end up roughly the same sound/decibel level???

Preferably converting them all at once, instead of manually doing one at a time???

Cheers...
  2. conradguerrero

conradguerrero Newcomer, in training Posts: 357

I used to manually adjust the volume on songs, so I burned them to cd's using some studio equipment so all of the songs were on the same audio level. You can probably do the same on a computer.;)
  3. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

Hey Rusty Zip,

Go download a "Automatic Gain Control" plug-in at www.winamp.com and install it. Btw, I'm currently using "Tomsteady Automatic Gain Controller", looks decent to me. It's rather convenient and easy to use.
  4. RustyZip

RustyZip TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 415

Thankyou Young&Wild, thats just what i was looking for...

Shame on me, for not thinking of looking at Winamp's site...:eek: :p

You da' man... :D
  5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,201   +229

Also if you use iTunes 3 you can manually adjust and save the volume for each MP3 in your playlist. Just a heads up for any Mac OS X users out there.

LNCPapa
  6. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

My pleasure, Rustyzip.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.