TechSpot

MS wireless keyboard

By learninmypc
Apr 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I'm using a USB Saitek keyboard for this because when using my MS wireless keyboard, it looks like this. "when typing,it tends o is letters &sometimes on't backspace."
    Back on my Saitek, I found this http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-keyboard-3000v2.0
    On the backside of my keyboard, it says "microsoft wireless keyboard 3000 v2.0".
    & that is how I found the about link. Would it be worth installing the 1st or 2nd option at that link?
    Or ignoring it & sticking with USB mouse & keyboard?
    I know, some have previously said wireless aint all that good & to stick with USB. TIA(y)

2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Didn't you have problems with a wireless mouse moving around? I'd say something near your desk is causing interference. Wired > wireless. :)

3. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 6,392   +328

Yes, here http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-wireless-keyboard.191628/
    Oddly enough, the guy I got it from has the same layout I have & no problems. Its a strange situation.

4. hood6558

hood6558 TS Addict Posts: 231   +53

I have the same KB (now retired), and I found that the latest Intellitype software would make it work better, but I'd skip the first option (bloatware). I also had the USB dongle on an extension cord to bring it closer and avoid interference.

5. learninmypc

Ok, I'll try the update,this one ?(IntelliType 8.2 64-bit for Windows 7 (exe) )
    in hopes it works. Do you have a picture of the USB dongle? How close did you have it? My mouse & KB are only about 47" from the tower, I could make it closer thou.

6. learninmypc

Well, I tried it & got this
    IE 10.jpg
    So, I guess its time to continue using my USB KB & mouse.:) Thanks.