MS wireless keyboard

By learninmypc
Apr 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I'm using a USB Saitek keyboard for this because when using my MS wireless keyboard, it looks like this. "when typing,it tends o is letters &sometimes on't backspace."
    Back on my Saitek, I found this http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-keyboard-3000v2.0
    On the backside of my keyboard, it says "microsoft wireless keyboard 3000 v2.0".
    & that is how I found the about link. Would it be worth installing the 1st or 2nd option at that link?
    Or ignoring it & sticking with USB mouse & keyboard?
    I know, some have previously said wireless aint all that good & to stick with USB. TIA(y)
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,197   +555

Didn't you have problems with a wireless mouse moving around? I'd say something near your desk is causing interference. Wired > wireless. :)
  3. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Guru Topic Starter Posts: 4,583   +186

Yes, here http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-wireless-keyboard.191628/
    Oddly enough, the guy I got it from has the same layout I have & no problems. Its a strange situation.
  4. hood6558

hood6558 TechSpot Booster Posts: 288   +43

I have the same KB (now retired), and I found that the latest Intellitype software would make it work better, but I'd skip the first option (bloatware). I also had the USB dongle on an extension cord to bring it closer and avoid interference.
  5. learninmypc

Ok, I'll try the update,this one ?(IntelliType 8.2 64-bit for Windows 7 (exe) )
    in hopes it works. Do you have a picture of the USB dongle? How close did you have it? My mouse & KB are only about 47" from the tower, I could make it closer thou.
  6. learninmypc

Well, I tried it & got this
    IE 10.jpg
    So, I guess its time to continue using my USB KB & mouse.:) Thanks.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.