MSCONFIG: An Access Denied error was returned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have an antivirus scan, as well?
Although I have scanned my system with online AVs (Kaspersky, F-secure, windows care,etc) and since there were no threats, I did not keep those records.

But I will scan the system with installed ESET and post it to the forum.

Thanks

But I will scan the system with installed ESET and post it to the forum.
Please see the attached files

1- ESET scan result installed on the system

2- Kaspersky scan online

A few comments... Spybot is worthless, in my opinion, for finding any serious threats... and RegClean doesn't work properly in Windows XP... though it was terrific in W98, WME, and is useful for some specific tasks in WXP... but it is not a good registry cleaner and has not been updated since 2001 or 2002 as far as I know.
You might install that hard drive in an external USB housing and see if you can rescue all your data...
Because it appears to be that you will need to reformat the drive to get it to work properly with Windows XP, VISTA, or 7 until you do.
Using an external USB drive housing will allow you to recover all data... but if you need to save your email and internet files, you will need to know where they are stored... or use a paid recovery software tool to rescue them.

Your problem could easily be a hard ware problem, or an spyware infestation... but since you cannot run Avira or Avast in current mode, or Windows Defender, Spy Sweeper, Spyware Doctor, SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, you are not going to have luck finding some evil spyware.

but since you cannot run Avira or Avast in current mode, or Windows Defender, Spy Sweeper, Spyware Doctor, SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, you are not going to have luck finding some evil spyware.
What do u mean I can not run in the current mode ?

Raybay must have missed Nod32.

zillah, what problem are you having? I'm nor sure what Ray is referring to. But it would be help to know what's happening that made you come here and run these steps.

Thank you for reminding me. You're still short of words though. The more you tell us, the better to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back