MSI 7600GS Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeUK

Hello there.

I own the 7600GS Graphics Card from MSI, and i've noticed that my games will crash with it. I'm aware many others are having the same problem.

This has gotten worse now i have reformatted. It crashes within 3 - 5 minutes.

I'll explain in detail:

When i first got this PC, my games would run fine without fault. Then about a couple of weeks later, i noticed my computer crashing, but not much. It was something that annoyed me, but it wasn't the end of the world.

These crashes were sudden. The game would freeze, i'd still be able to talk on Ventrilo/Teamspeak for about 3 - 5 seconds, then the sound would loop. Only way out was by a cold boot.

This started to happen more and more often, until it averaged at about 3 crashes per day. But by this time, my computer would restart around 3 seconds after the looping sounds.

I reformatted my computer today, and i'm furious that the problem has gotten worse. I can't play any games for more than 3 minutes without the crash.

This isn't an overheating problem, or a memory problem.

Current specs:

Mobo: a2n-sli deluxe
CPU: AMD athlon 64 3800+ ~ 2.4ghz
PSU: Antec Truepower 500bp
Ram: Kingston DDR2 Value

I ordered a new PSU today, due to extremely bad reviews about my current PSU.

Although, i don't think this is the problem, due to many other people having this same problem, with the same GFX card.

ALL help much appriciated.

Regards, Lee.

How about searching and installing new Nvidia video drivers? It's not usually a video cards fault, it's the drivers that are the issue...

You can always try another card though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back