TechSpot

MSI announces "world's thinnest and lightest" 17-inch gaming laptop

By Jos
Aug 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. PC gaming and portability are not usually things that go well together, though lately a handful of companies have attempted to challenge that notion by shaving a few inches off their gaming oriented notebooks. MSI became the latest to throw...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,057   +918

Looks awesome. Hopefully the cooling is good enough.

Darth Shiv likes this.
  3. NimbusTLD

NimbusTLD TS Rookie Posts: 23

Are you sure you meant to compare the battery life to the Razer Edge in the penultimate paragraph? I think you mean the Blade Pro, right?

I like where the high-end laptop manufacturers are heading. I want a powerful AND portable system, and these new designs by Razer and now MSI give me hope that one day I will find my perfect laptop :)

4. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 2,108   +68 Staff Member

NimbusTLD yeah I meant Blade Pro, thanks

5. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 530   +88

So expensive

6. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 964   +49

DAT portability... I've never liked 17" laptops, but at that thickness and those specs, I'd be willing to make an exception to a number of my buying specifications. Assuming it does not double as an aluminum hot plate. The meager battery life isn't even a concern at this point as I'm looking for travel portability, not mobile usage. Can't bring my battle box everywhere now...

7. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,599   +110

Finally an ultragamerbook :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.