MSI announces "world's thinnest and lightest" 17-inch gaming laptop

By Jos
Aug 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. PC gaming and portability are not usually things that go well together, though lately a handful of companies have attempted to challenge that notion by shaving a few inches off their gaming oriented notebooks. MSI became the latest to throw...

Read more
  2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Looks awesome. Hopefully the cooling is good enough.
    Darth Shiv likes this.
  3. NimbusTLD

NimbusTLD TS Enthusiast Posts: 36   +15

Are you sure you meant to compare the battery life to the Razer Edge in the penultimate paragraph? I think you mean the Blade Pro, right?

I like where the high-end laptop manufacturers are heading. I want a powerful AND portable system, and these new designs by Razer and now MSI give me hope that one day I will find my perfect laptop :)
  4. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 2,638   +86

NimbusTLD yeah I meant Blade Pro, thanks
  5. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 699   +164

So expensive
  6. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,321   +262

DAT portability... I've never liked 17" laptops, but at that thickness and those specs, I'd be willing to make an exception to a number of my buying specifications. Assuming it does not double as an aluminum hot plate. The meager battery life isn't even a concern at this point as I'm looking for travel portability, not mobile usage. Can't bring my battle box everywhere now...
  7. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,587   +278

Finally an ultragamerbook :)