TechSpot

MSI Digital G45M Digital a Good Replacement for an Old Biostar Micro Atx motherboard?

By HDD123
Feb 7, 2009
  1. I was looking for a motherboard to replace my old biostar motherboard that will only support 2 gigs 667mhz, and only overclocks my e5200 up to 3 ghz even when maxing out the voltage. I am on a very tight budget, and this Msi board caught my attention http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130219

Then I checked the MSI website to get more information on this board
    http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=&prod_no=1711

This board catches my attention because....
    1. Its New
    2. Its a Micro Atx with the Pci express x1 below the Pci express 2.0
    3. Drmos Really caught my attention because it states that it makes the board energy efficent, offers a lower tempature and a more stable overclocking enviorment

Do you think its a good budget motherboard for a gamer and an overclocker like me??

2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,291   +25

The Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L will do the job nicely and help you save money. It is also a more reliable choice compared to the MSI board.

3. HDD123

HDD123 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

Thanks but, I need micro atx motherboard. I will not be able to fit a board like that in my micro atx case, especially with all those pci express x1 slots.

4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Then go for this GA-EG43M-S2H board. It has everything you need and is a far better buy compared to the MSI board.

5. HDD123

HDD123 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

Now thats more like it, I overclock a lot so would I be able to overclock my cpu to at least 3.5ghz and ram to 1066mhz with this board? And by the way, what is duel bios?

6. Rage_3K_Moiz

You should be able to OC the CPU without too many problems. I have seen people take it to those speeds on a GA-G31M-ES2L, so you should be able to reach that comfortably on this board, seeing that it has a newer chipset. Dunno about the memory though, because that will depend more on the RAM itself.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.