MSI GX60/GX70 laptops arrive, armed with Radeon HD 8970M, Richland CPU

By Rick
May 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Delivering on earlier promises, MSI is now shipping its GX70 and newest GX60 gaming laptops. The $1,299 and $1,399 laptops are the first of their kind to feature AMD's Radeon HD 8970M -- what AMD argues may be the pinnacle...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,120   +732

Nice specs and price.
  3. TechGamer

TechGamer TechSpot Booster Posts: 402   +31

Seems like a beast laptop id gladly buy it if I had the money ;S
  4. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 761   +178

Aren't those old school Radeon logo's/emblems awesome? (Well if its MSi it still looks like what ATi used to do.) Bring those back for desktop GPUs AMD!
  5. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 909   +36

Though I've moved onto expecting smaller, lighter laptops, that GX60 is mighty tempting.
  6. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 154   +23

Man, if only I didn't have to pay 8.75% sales tax and my credit limit didn't suck...

For shame that my laptop can't play Diablo 3 without dropping to 30fps.
  7. PC nerd

PC nerd TechSpot Booster Posts: 314   +34

Why combine such a powerful GPU with a low-tier APU?

Why would you not use an i5 or i7 CPU?
  8. dotVezz

dotVezz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 117

I used to have an MSI GT680, and it was overall a good experience. These would be very tempting if I wanted an AMD gaming laptop.

Alas, I use my laptop for work a lot, and I use Linux for work -- I don't want to deal with AMD Drivers. (nvidia drivers are troublesome enough!!)
  9. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,120   +732

It is meant for budget gamers, plus it is an all amd system. The A10 is a very powerful CPU.
  10. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,841   +395

MSi laptop with AMD 8970m and an A10 processor 0.o

Wow for that price thats not bad to get the 8970m, kinda need to go read some benchmarks for it. Im still rocking my MSi GT70 with the I7 and GTX 675m, love MSI laptops.

Kinda like the idea of having the APU for non-gaming sessions and working in tangent when needed.
    JC713 likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.