TechSpot

MSI K8N Neo - Memory ? - AGP ?

By mke
Jun 1, 2006
  1. Hi, i wanted to ask if anyone can help me find a memory module that will work with an MSI K8N Neo Platinum motherboard. I bought two weeks a 1Gb memory from ebay and though it works on my older system perfectly fine, my main system recognizes it as a 512Mb only.

I've read somewhere that there are low density and high density modules. What is that, or better how can i distinguish between the two? any technical data i should be checking for my next buy? i am planning to get atleast 1 stick of 1gb for my main system but i dont know which one is right. any ideas?
    currently i use 2x512 infineon PC3200 memory, but i wanted to upgrade to either 1.5 or 2gb in total. any advice much appreciated.

also i am planning to upgrade my agp card. its an old Ati 9000pro 128mb. i use mostly my system for music production and occasiaonlly a game or two. i know should be sepperate systems for that, but i cant afford that :) anyways. i was wondering if its worth investing in a quad support matrox graphics card (as i already use 2 monitors - one dvi and one standard), or a more sophisticated fast card like the newer ati/nvidia with 512mb ram and ddr2/3 mem on them.

any advice again much appreciated. thanks

2. kangaruffian

kangaruffian TS Rookie Posts: 212

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.