MSI Laptop screen shows strange colours at start up. Help, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadbluescreener

Hi I'm using a MSI GX630 and I tried turning it on a few times yesterday and it wouldn't even show me the logo or anything at all to be honest. Then I turned it on once and the screen was a strange colour, a picture of it is attached. Picture taken with a camera phone at night, so it may not be very clear.

MSI GX630:
AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 2.0GHz
nVidia 9600m GT 512MB RAM
250 GB HD
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

Any help would be appreciated, please.

Attachments

• DSC00523.JPG
    DSC00523.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 7
What does an external monitor show when you connect one? Is it good or does it show the same as the laptop screen?

I've never tried attaching another monitor while the screen was acting strangely like that. By the way, I'm using the same laptop right now, it works after a couple forced shutdowns and reboots, if it feels like it.

I use to fix dells with the same problem, LCD panel has to be replaced. You're luckly that you can still see anything on the LCD. Most users can't. If you hook-up and external monitor to it your problem will be gone. If not then the onboard video which is on the mobo (motherboard) would need to be replaced in this case the entire motherboard comes out and gets replaced and your problem is gone.

So it could be LCD Panel or the on-board chipset transistors are gone? Some test can determined which is your case. Use the external monitor will help you figure out that.

It's been doing the same thing for a while now since my last post, so I tried hooking it up to my desktop monitor and nothing comes up on that monitor. Once I was using the laptoplast night and I moved it and the screen just went again after showing me some patterns on the screen and changing colours.

"so I tried hooking it up to my desktop monitor and nothing comes up on that monitor"...

You have to press the fn key along with another key (f4?) to select or activate an external monitor. Try again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back