MSI Wind Display Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Walton

Hi we have recently bought 3 Advent 4211-b laptops (identical to MSI wind) and they came with windows XP, on XP the display resolution was 1024 by 768, but we installed Vista on all 3 and now alot of programs won't run because the resolution for some reason is 1024 by 600, is there anyway of changing it to 768, I don't think there is but I thought id ask, if you need spec il post it. Cheers

Joe

Resolution changes are made in Display: You will find instructions and screen shots for this here:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/help/0386b009-5f30-45c7-80c8-ff0395cc24091033.mspx
You begin by doing this:
1. Open Display Settings by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Display Settings.
2. Under Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click Apply.

Sorry I should have explained better, I've tried changing the display settings the maximum is 1024 by 600 on vista where as on XP before we installed vista it was 1024 by 768, I'm an IT Technician pretty clued up on what im doin, just never seen this before.

thanks Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back