MSI X-Slim X340 Notebook Review

timljh said:
With that performance and the price tag. i will rather getting myself a netbook instead.

CULVs are not supposed to compete with netbooks but with ultra portable laptops. Plus, I won't get a nebtbook till they come with more than 1GB of RAM (thank Intel for that, gogo ION).

Nice to see more lightweight notebooks at a low price point. It's good that the netbook vs. notebook boundary is blurring.

$600 foa a notebook seems quite fair a price to me, considering that what I do is best done with a desktop PC== mouse-dependent activities like photo-editing and movies. The "solo" part, however is a turn off.

$600 for a notebook seems quite fair a price to me, considering that what I do is best done with a desktop PC== mouse-dependent activities like photo-editing and movies. The "solo" part, however is a turn off.

Wow! This laptop is a beauty. A couple of years ago, I only heard of Apple Mac as the only company that manufactures slim laptops but now there is MSI X-Slim X340 Notebook that can compete with Apple computers. We're really living in a fast changing world.

Its performance is not very good compare too Netbook taking consideration of price. I will buy Netbook rather than this. Its just my opinion about this notebook.

red1776 said:
the build quality is a joke. Looks like something that would break when you fart near it.

Good god! don't fart near it, mac will void your warranty as a bio-hazard.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic138555.html#post822262......sorry....i couldn't resist. :)

Hahaha, that article cracked me up. Apple is just so.. I don't even know what to label them anymore. That is just ridiculous, though. It just goes to show how silly big companies can be with their warranty policy. My HP dv6308nr, which is a little more than 2 years old, just broke a few weeks ago due to known problems with this specific model (and similar models), so I called HP about fixing it and they want to charge me a "discounted" $259 (as opposed to $400) since my laptop is broken due to a problem with the design of this model. Ridiculous.

As much as I love to see extended batteries, i could never get into these underpowered laptops and netbooks. I guess I'm just a power user but I couldn't settle for anything under 4GB RAM an at least 2.0 GHz dual core.

Well thats very disappointing, it's marketed as a ultra slim with extended battery life. However thats with the 8 cell battery that adds weight and thickness which kinda kills the ultra light and slimness of the notebook. Not that I care really because I don't see the point in buying something that weights 3 pounds and can't do anything other than word processing and browsing the internet, I'll keep my 8 pound Gateway with its 2 hour battery life.

For office use it would be OK but let's face it's not that light and glossy looks, there's always something to clean...

I can't believe we're getting into the 8 + hour battery range on laptops these days. If my old Toshiba M100 gets more than two hours on a charge I'm impressed . . .

I wish I had a slim laptop back when I was in college. I was in a program that required everyone to have their own laptop and it was annoying lugging it and it's power brick around.

LazyNinja you kinda said what I wanted to say :D
except that I have an Aspire One...but the mushy keyboard and no optical drive would keep me away if I'm to get one slim notebook now

They just used this notebook to make the acer one look good. All i found out from that review is that it looks a bit better. I wonder if any who reads that review will even think of buying it.

Back