TechSpot

Multifunction inkjet copies ok but prints are not

By gguerra
Mar 28, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I have one of these Epson Multi function printers.

Epson DX9400 Fax

[​IMG]

I am having a problem with the black printing. The other colors are fine (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow) and the problem occurs only when I print, photo copies print black just fine which is the reason I am stumped. I recently purchased some 3rd party cartridges to save money and this problem started. Well I thought that the cartridges were defective so I got some original Epson brand and the same results. I've tried head cleaning several times and same thing with both cartridges which I know are good because the copies are just fine. It's only when I send a print to it that the black does not work.. Anyone have an idea on what to look for or is it time to chunk it?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

"or is it time to chunk it?"...

I would say yes

3. gguerra

gguerra TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 317

LOL, I did just that

4. Tmagic650

What did you buy to replace it?

5. gguerra

gguerra TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 317

I ended up getting a hand me down Epson Workforce 600

[​IMG]

I am not a big fan of inkjet printers and prefer Laser. Both the one I threw away and this newer one I got are both gifts (and used) so no big loss there

6. Tmagic650

I have an old HP PSC 1315v that I've had for 5 years. The print heads are part of the ink cartridges, so they are changed when the cartridges are replaced. It still prints fine