TechSpot

Multimedia Audio Controller - Driver Problem

By walidshrf
Nov 24, 2007
  1. Sorry this is so long, but i put all the info needed in order for someone to help me properly, thanks to anyone who bothers to read this and tries to help. Greatly appreciated.

hey guys, I formatted my C: just a couple of days ago and re-insalled windows xp. now everything seems to be working perfectly, drivers work fine for everything, except for my sound.

Now i went to Device Manager and it had a yellow question mark by "Other Devices" and if opened that up, it had "Multimedia Audio Controller" and also had a yellow question mark by that. I tried right clicking and going to "update driver" but the internet could not find the right driver.

So, i found a program called "Aida32" which tells you all the information about your hardware. Well anyway, after i installed that, under the "Multimedia" bit about my PC it said "SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio (Gigabyte) Type: PCI". So i searched that in google and found the exact driver that i need, well i'm pretty sure it was the one i needed. But when i wen to install it, everything went fine, until the the end of the installation when a error message came up saying "Driver not found! Please restart your computer and try again". So i tried that, but it didn't work.

Therefore, i need huge help from someone who knows what there talking about. Thanks ALOT for anyone who helps. Seriously. thanks.

2. Fragrant Coit

Fragrant Coit TS Maniac Posts: 579

The easiest way would be to look on AIDA {though it's a bit old and may not recognise your board} determine the Model of the Board and download the Driver from Gigabyte.

If AIDA doesn't list the Board, try this: http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.