Multimedia Audio Controller - Driver Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry this is so long, but i put all the info needed in order for someone to help me properly, thanks to anyone who bothers to read this and tries to help. Greatly appreciated.

hey guys, I formatted my C: just a couple of days ago and re-insalled windows xp. now everything seems to be working perfectly, drivers work fine for everything, except for my sound.

Now i went to Device Manager and it had a yellow question mark by "Other Devices" and if opened that up, it had "Multimedia Audio Controller" and also had a yellow question mark by that. I tried right clicking and going to "update driver" but the internet could not find the right driver.

So, i found a program called "Aida32" which tells you all the information about your hardware. Well anyway, after i installed that, under the "Multimedia" bit about my PC it said "SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio (Gigabyte) Type: PCI". So i searched that in google and found the exact driver that i need, well i'm pretty sure it was the one i needed. But when i wen to install it, everything went fine, until the the end of the installation when a error message came up saying "Driver not found! Please restart your computer and try again". So i tried that, but it didn't work.

Therefore, i need huge help from someone who knows what there talking about. Thanks ALOT for anyone who helps. Seriously. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back