Multimedia audio controller help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghghghgh00

ok guys, so today i was on my control panel deleting software that i no longer used. after i was done i restarted my computer and my sound didnt work. as soon as i started the computer a popup came up for new found software i just closed it not knowing about the sound problem....later i found out about it and i believe the problem is i deleted the multimedia audio controller. when i try to reinstall i do not have the software anymore so it doesnt work.....can someone please help me out?

Do you have on-board or a sound card? You need to know the sound card make and model and then go to their website and download the multimedia driver package. You might try running DxDiag in the start/run window (assuming your OS is XP). Although if the drivers are uninstalled I can't be sure Dxdiag will read hardware correctly. Click on the Sound tab and at the top left side it should tell you the hardware naem for your sound card.

when i ran this and clicked on the sound tab at the top it said "No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer"

Yeah figures, no drivers, no info. You don't happen to remember if it was Soundblaster Live or RelTek Ac'97 or w/e do you?
Try downloading CPU-Z (google it). Run it, click mainboard tab and write here what the Southbridge chipset is. (ICH6 or w/e)

should i download Windows 98Gold/98se/Me/2000/XP/2003(32/64 bits) for Driver only. For Windows 98 SE, DirectX(R)8 is required to enable advanced features. (Executable file)?

ok....well my boost is turned off on my modem its normally very fast...but i had to take the boost off because i kept losing connection

ok i tried to install this and when it got up to the part it says begin to install AC' 97 my computer automatically shuts down and goes to a blue screen where it says that your computer has been shut down to protect from damage or something

I, and others, will help BUT we need info:

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop.

Click on the + sign beside 'Computer', then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report'.

Cursor over 'quick report-summary' and then click on 'plain text' and then click on 'save to file' and change the 'save in' folder to 'Desktop' and then click 'Save'.

Clear all your open windows and on the Desktop click on that 'report.txt' icon - this will open it in a text editor
(probably Notepad) and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the 'debug' entries and delete them, then use your mouse to hilight all the remaining text then copy and paste it to here.

For future reference: once you open Everest, click on file, preferences, report and uncheck the 'include debug information in the report' box. People rarely want to see that stuff.

Maybe you should post the mobo details from cpuz mainboard tab, or from Everest (make and model of motherboard), then we can go to their website and make sure we get the right driver.

Although that driver from Realtek site should be fine. I wonder if the download taking so long corrupted the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back