Multimedia Audio Controller Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
my audio hasnt been working for a while, and someone told me it might be the soundcard, but ive spoken to more than one person who said it was probably something with some sort of hardware on the computer that wasnt working correctly. the only thing that has the little exclamation point next to it is the multimedia controller, and everytime i try to update it, the hardware wizard just searches with no outcome. ive read on a few other threads that you could download the driver needed for your soundcard type, but im not quite sure what soundcard i have.
the only information i have about my computer is this:
MODEL- VT8366-8233
CHIPSET- VIA KT26/333
SOUTHBRIDGE- VIA VT8233
LPCIO- WINBOND W83697HF

AMD Athlon XP

i know nothing about computers and im not quite sure what any of that means. so if anyone could help me that would be lovely.

Your motherboard is an OEM board, I assume you have a proprietary system manufactured by a company such as Dell, HP, Gateway, Acer, Sony and so on. What is the brand and model of your PC? Sounds like you just need to download/install the drivers and you'll be set.

my cousin built the computer so it doesnt have any sony, dell, name as far as i know. ive tried to install the ac'97 driver, thats what popped up when i googled the southbridge numbers, but there is still no sound coming from my computer. and everytime i plug my ipod in, it doesnt connect and will not charge. im not sure if that has anything to do with the multimedia controller.

It appears that it may be a Jetway V266B VT8366-8233 motherboard (could be wrong) and ironically enough the server hosting their drivers is down. Either check out kimsland's link or search around elsewhere.

i downloaded the stuff from the link kimsland left me, and now the exclamation point next to the audio is gone, but theres still no sound coming from the computer. my ipod also isnt connecting to the computer either. im wondering if there may be something wrong with the usb?

It's probably in the sound settings in control panel, sound and audio devices (there's lots of settings.
Also check if a new Start Program Group was created for Via. There may be sttings in there as well. (like unmute sound)
Is volume up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back