Multimedia Audio Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i am having a problem with my Multimedia Audio Controller. i have installed a webcam for my daughter and everything was working fine. The next day it cam up with the found new hardware message ? Not the webcam but to say my Multimedia Audio controller cannot find any drives. Trued system restore but this has not worked.
Never had this before installing the webcam, can't really see why this has affected it.
My pc info is;
Board: Intel Corporation D865GBF AAC28144-405
Serial Number: BQBF34300389
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. BF86510A.86A.0038.P08.0306241812 06/24/2003

Please can someone help as this is doing my head in.
Thanks in advance.

Check in Start, Programs, Accessories, System tools, System information, Hardware resources, Conflicts/Sharing.

What's shown re IRQ's shared with the sound device?

If no conflict shown;

Uninstall your audio driver via Add/Remove programs.

Reboot.

Then, from Kimslands' post, download and install the chipset drivers and then reboot and then download and install the sound drivers and reboot again. (get the chipset drivers NEW for sure - you can re-use your install-disk audio drivers if you have them).

Your Motherboard drivers here: [
Your Audio Driver here:
Troubleshooting audio issues here:
Thanks for answering the post.
I have downloaded the audio driver, this hasn't done anything. Not sure what to do with the motherboard driver, as i am not fully confident with what to do with the motherboard. Sorry but could you tell me which one i am supposed to download as there are lots of options. Not sure what the BIOS update means.
Apologioes if this sounds basic to you.
Thanks,
Paul.

The Motherboard drivers can all be downloaded and installed, especially the INF update.
The Bios update driver, just leave at the moment. Bios updating is a very critical area

Once all the Motherboard drivers have been updated, and your computer restarted (possibly a couple of times)
Then try the Sound Driver

If the Sound driver does not fix the issue, then follow CCT recommendation above
You can also click on Start->Run-> Devmgmt.msc
And right click on any\all Audio installed device (especially ones with a queried yellow flag) and remove them, then try updating your Audio again

Kimsland, thankyou very much. I didn't touch the motherboard drivers, but after a couple of times booting up, it is all working again. Very strange, soon as the wife sat down on the pc and switched on everything was fine. think she has something !!
Once again thanks very much for your help, i will now know where to come for any pc advice. You are all heroes.

Cheers.

IRQ 16 RADEON 7000 / RADEON VE Family (Microsoft Corporation)
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE
IRQ 18 Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection
IRQ 18 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7
IRQ 18 Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers

These are what irq are shown an my system, as i have the same problem again this morning. Installed everything and rebooted a couple of times.

IRQ 16 RADEON 7000 / RADEON VE Family (Microsoft Corporation)
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE
IRQ 18 Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection
IRQ 18 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7
IRQ 18 Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers

These are what irq are shown an my system, as i have the same problem again this morning. Installed everything and rebooted a couple of times.Noticed when it was working the media controller message had gone, and under sound and audio devices it had picked up my creative soundcard. Now that i have the message back, the creative card has gone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back