Multimedia Controller

By GoodFella
Oct 23, 2005
  1. I have bought a computer off a friend and I formatted computer and put windows xp (sp2) and i cannot seem to find a driver for my multimedia controller or multimedia video controller. Can someone please help me. My board is an Asus P4B533-E

I am not sure if that is enough information for any help but please try. i cannot use my mic at all :(
  2. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 856

Audio drivers are here.
  3. GoodFella

GoodFella TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hey thank you very much for your time for reading my post. Thank you for the link. But...I am still have the problems. I have sound. But my mic dont work. I downloaded those audio drivers and it didnt do the trick. I am not sure which drivers to download or what drivers to look for. All i Know is that I have sound...but mic dont work. I know it works...but not on this computer.
  4. russell.linwood

russell.linwood TS Rookie

5. russell.linwood

russell.linwood TS Rookie

Have you tried driveragent, it's not the perfect answer but it may guide you. in the right direction. The vendors site is always the best for drivers.
  6. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 856

It could be muted in the mixer applet.
  7. Ronne

Ronne TS Rookie

I've been running WinXP on my ASUS P4B533-E mainboard for about years and I've never got my mic to work in XP. But if I install Win98 it works. Since I really don't have any use for a mic anyway I've never bothered to solve the problem.

If you need drivers for your mainboard you'll find them at this address:

Good luck!
  8. gary_hendricks

gary_hendricks TS Rookie Posts: 107

Hi GoodFella, have you tried going back to ASUS to ask them for the driver?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.