Multiple apparently invisible network connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try to explain this the best I can,
it seems weird but this problem seems to have started after my dad pluged his blackberry into one of my usb slots to charge it because they were all full on his computer. Although I had already been repairing my internet connection quite frequently lately before I could connect with a browser, this would be while my connection was actually active as ABC was uploading and downloading. So after my dad unpluged his device I opened firefox. It couldn't connect and the connection would not repair. Meanwhile ABC is still connected. I shut down ABC, disabled the network connection.

From this point on I could not connect to the internet. The connetion itself is fine. My dad's computer is 3 feet away running off the same router. I unistalled my network card and when i re installed it my network conection icon was now "network connection 2" but could still not repair or connect. with various error's most like "cant get a network adress". so bla bla bla - bang my head and repeat... by this point I have "network connection 6" In my searches I discovered the blackberry must have given me "client services for windows" as I also have to log on with a password when i re-boot.

I have read and tried EVERY THING in the "How do I uninstall Client Services for Netware on Windows XP Professional?;-)" thread to No Avail.

In other searches I found others with the multiple network connection problem but no soloution. I'm guessing that the "network connection 1,2,3,4 &5" must be somewhere causing the problem. Like maybe all 5 have that damn client servies installed or somthing but I cannot even find them to get rid of it....

all i can say is thank god there is another computer that can get online 3 feet away!!

currently when i try to repair my connection , the only visible one called "Local Area Connection 6" it says it could not renew my ip adress...i think maybe a accidentaly unintalled the client or somthing and can't re-install it?...

get a command prompt (run->cmd) and enter
ipconfig /all >mytcp.txt
attach mytcp.txt to your follow-up; the file will be in your %profile% directory

this will document ALL the interfaces and their current settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back