Multiple BSOD error codes on a new PC

Hi,

I am new to this forum, although I was using it as a guest to try and solve my BSOD problems. But, since none of the solutions I found worked, I came to ask for help.

I bought a new PC (bought the components, not a pre-made PC), and since then I was having random BSODs with many different stop errors.

My spec: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO, 2x GEIL CL9-9-9 DDR3-1333, Asus EN9800 GT 1GB DDR3, AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.0 GHz.

1. I tried a clean re-install of Windows 7 (64-bit) but that didn't work.
  2. Tried Memtest-x86, I've let it run 10 full passes, it came with no errors.
  3. Just recently, I looked up my motherboard memory compatibility list, and saw that my RAM sticks aren't compatible. I changed the timings from 9-9-9-24 to 7-7-7-24 and it seems to have solved the 0x03b problem.
  4. Re-installed graphic drivers, made sure all my drivers are up-to-date.
  5. Uninstalled Avast, trying with Kaspersky now.

I uploaded last 5 minidump files.
Any and every help would be greatly appreciated.

(P.S. I am sorry for any grammar mistakes/typos, English is not my native language.)

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    119.8 KB · Views: 1
If the RAM sticks are incompatible with the mobo then you have already found the problem.

This is a mixed bag of minidumps which 9 times out of 10 points to defective memory, in your case possibly due to incompatibility.

The "closest" compatible RAM stick from GEIL has 7-7-7-24 timings, so does changing timings on my RAM from 9-9-9-24 to 7-7-7-24 solve the problem ? Or do I have to buy new RAM ?

This make of RAM has not been included in the compatibility list so I have no idea if it will or should work with this motherboard. Changing the timings on the RAM sticks could easily cause instability. Are you using the same coloured slots for each stick?

The best solution would be to use RAM that is in the compatibility list. When you ordered all the parts for this new PC why did you not buy RAM that has been included in the compatibility list?

Sorry for the late reply.

As for the wrong RAM, I don't know how did I end up ordering the wrong type, but I ordered a good one this time, and I expect it to arrive in a few days (2x 4GB TRANSCEND DDR3-1600). :D

Thanks for your assistance.

Back