Multiple BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayzha

Hello. I've been getting quite a few bsods lately and I just reformatted a couple days ago. I get a couple different error messages but the most frequent ones are irql_not_less_or_equal and bad_pool_header. When the bsod comes up, it almost automatically restarts. There is no specific file or memory dump, however on one occasion i saw the file "splitter.sys" pop up. Can I get some help with this please?

Thanks!

For clarification, are you saying that after it Blue Screens and you check the minidump folder you find no minidump files?

Sorry. I meant I couldnt read the dump files.
I just got two other new BSODS.. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and driver_irql_not_less_or_equal.

Thanks

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

What version of Avast are you running? What other security software are you running at the same time in Real Time Protection?

I'm running the free version of Avast. I dont know what you're referring to in the second question

Besides Avast, what other security software are you running, meaning firewall, anitspyware/antimalware? Are you running more than one antivirus?

Real time protection means it is constantly running in the background protecting in real time, thus Real Time Protection.

Okay, the reason I ask is because of the 5 minidumps I read the Avast driver aswMon2.sys was cited in 3 as the reason for your system crashes. Now Avast is a very stable software but like all softwares none is 100% perfect.

I run the free version 4.8 on two laptops and their latest free version on my second PC system. Which free version are you running?

There are three things you could try:

1. Join the Avast forums (friendly and you should get good, quick advice). Post there your issues, the BSODs, and that your minidump files were read and the Avast driver aswMon2.sys was cited three separate times as the cause. They'll probably direct you to do either...

2. Update or more likely...

3. Uninstall and reinstall version 5.0 (can't remember if Avast has a special removal tool that you use after uninstalling).

At this point it is a driver problem: Avast's aswMon2.sys

The two other dumps only cited Windows OS drivers and they are ussually too general for diagnostic help.

I think the avast problem is gone but I still have really annoying bsods. I saw two specific files in two bsods. One was splitter.sys and the other was system.sys I think? Not sure on the second one. I've uploaded my last 5 dumps again.

Thanks

Attachments

• Mini063010-05.zip
    100.2 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back