Multiple Internet Explorer & Random Redirection Problem

By Hazardous
Oct 12, 2008
  1. Hi Guys & Girls

Having a problem with my Internet Explorer redirecting to random sites after 'googling' for intended sites. I also noticed that i have multiple versions of iexplore.exe running in my task manager.

When I try to shutdown windows, i need to go through and wait for it to manually give me the message to terminate the program for every version.

My AVG virus scanner did find 2 trojans:

Trojan Horse Agent.AEYW
    Trojan Horse SHeur.CNUM

Im not too happy about some of the information from other people ive seen with similar problems, so hopefully i can get some help!

Much appreciated, i hope ive done everything correctly ( i followed your 8 steps )

Please let me know if theres more i should do,

2. BillAllen55

BillAllen55 TS Maniac Posts: 368

Try this website

Please go to this website follow directions there as to what can be safely removed from your hijackthis! log.

There are files on your log that defiantly can be removed.
    Please provide feedback after this has been done.
  3. rf6647

rf6647 TS Maniac Posts: 829

I am interpretting 'version' to mean 'application'. I have seen this problem limited to nvidia application. It is random. You cite 'every' - do you ever see a shudown message "closing network connections'?

Nothing 'screams' malware.  It is up to you to decide. 
    These make me curious.
    O2 - BHO: IeCatch5 Class - {2F364306-AA45-47B5-9F9D-39A8B94E7EF7} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\jccatch.dll
    O23 - Service: mental ray 3.6 Satellite for Autodesk 3ds Max 2008 32-bit 32-bit (mi-raysat_3dsMax2008_32) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2008\mentalray\satellite\raysat_3dsMax2008_32server.exe
    O23 - Service: VRaySpawner 90 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2008\vrayspawner90.exe
    Update to latest version of Adobe Reader........wait for all clear.
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0 ,,,,,,,, too old; high security risk;
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.