Multiple monitor question

Jory Anderson

If my video card has 1 HDMI port and another port (Not sure which one, DVI or VGA) am I able to hookup two monitors using each of those ports? Or must I have both monitors be connected through HDMI or VGA/DVI?

AMD Raedon HD 6570.

Not sure if the card looks exactly like this inside the case, but I do know the ports are placed like that. I know the one on the left is VGA and the middle is HDMI.

Another question though, what's the name of the one on the right? Is that a DVI port or something else?

amdradeonhd6570oem.jpg

Pardon me, I forgot to include this in the above post. I do think that would be confusing if you were to read this and not see an image.

Yeah the one on the right is DVI. Use the HDMI and DVI ports, VGA is outdated.

Is it alright to use VGA instead? Ive had this old monitor for a while and figure id put it to use. Its not going to be used for gaming, pretty much for accessing my desktop and browser without interrupting my game.

Yeah if your old monitor only has VGA then that's fine. Problem with VGA is that it's an analogue signal and is affected by things like cable quality and the screen might look fuzzy at high resolutions (which probably won't affect you anyway since you said it's an old monitor). Also I don't think you can play Blu-rays through VGA since that needs a HDCP connection (DVI or HDMI) but that probably won't affect you either.

Back