Multiple network drivers causing conflict issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaLo2FrEeEk

I have the ASUS M2N-E SLI mobo. I'm using the built-in ethernet plug wired into my router. Lately what's been happening is when I turn on the computer the internet won't work. I have to right click the network icon in the system tray, click network and sharing center, click manage network connections, right click the one device listed (NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet) and click properties. Then I click configure, drivers, update drivers, and I have to manually install one of the 2 drivers listed. One is from Mirosoft, and the other from nvidia. They are both named NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller. Either one works, I could install the microsoft one or the nvidia one and they'll both make the internet work, but as soon as I restart my computer it does the same thing again.

What I'd like to know is why it's doing this, and if there's a way to remove one or the other of the drivers from my computer. My idea is that it doesn't know which driver to use when the computer turns on so it doesn't use either one. If I can remove the microsoft one, I think it'd use the nvidia one.

Can someone PLEASE help me out, it's really becoming annoying. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back