TechSpot

Multiple problems in my laptop, please help!

By samuelson
Oct 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. my HP Pavilion dv6700 is having a start up problem such that the system when trying to start up and power light shows, after some seconds say 3-4 it tries restarting again and again like a cycle within those seconds range. During this time, the screen shows nothing (black). After doing this for like 8-10 times, it now comes up starting to desktop. This is quite embarrasing, please I need some help and idea on what to do. (2)It sound siezed one day and shows a red x over the speaker icon on the taskbar. The Sound Controllers has dissapeared from Device Manager making the system behaves as if there is no Sound Card/Hardware attached to the board. I've tried downloading Microsoft UAA to bring out the hardware from board but all the ones I found on internet was for Realtek but mine uses Conexant Audio Device. The system runs on Windows 7 (32-bit OS, AMD Turion(tm)64 X2 mobile technology TL-60 2.00GHz processor. (3) How can a screen and flex problem be differentiated since both have similar symptoms. Any help to the above problems would be highly appreciated. Thanks.