TechSpot

Multiple stop errors on Windows 7

By Tiberiu
Aug 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,

I am getting a lot of stop errors from my PC. This started about 3 or 4 days ago.
    I`m using the same version of Windows and same software for 6 months now and this never happened before. I really can`t figure out what could be causing the problem. Since the problem occured I did the following:

- reinstalled windows after which I installed the audio driver and canon driver only and the basic software(movie player, winrar, office etc. - i always install this)
    - moved the ram from a slot to another
    - disconected the dvd-writer and a fan from the PSU to check if the problem was caused by it
    - cleaned up the dust from my pc:)

Nothing helped.

I`m still thinking that the problem may be caused by my PSU, which I have changed a few months ago, because the original one stopped working. This one is older than the original one, and maybe it doesn`t support all the hardware. But if this is true, why didn`t the errors occure until now?!

Anyway, I have attached 5 dump files. I have 18 more left. In case you will need them, I will attach those as well. Maybe you can have a look at them and give me an answer. Thank you very much!

P.S.: My pc is 5 years old!:)

Best regards,
    Tiberiu I.

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,929   +167

I would say try another power supply hopefully newer than 5 years old. Why did the errors start now? Because the old power supply degraded just enough to start the errors...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.