Multiple Unformated Partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the process of trying to reformat a Maxtor 500Gb SATA HD but I've run into a problem with there being two (2) unformatted / unassigned partitions that are eating up most of the drive. There are also 2 partitions (C & G that are approximately 80Gb each). I've tried deleting all the partitions but I can't seem to recover the disc space that's not already assigned and of course I can't do anything with the other 2 partitions. I recently had a virus that CA Suite quarantined and deleted and in the process destroyed my drive so I decided to start over. The drive is clean of all viruses and I just want to start new. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rob

System:
MoBo: GigaByte EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.1)
Intel® Core™2 Duo Desktop Processor
HD: Maxtor 500Gb SATA
Mem: 4 Gb DDR2
Vid: GeForce 7900GS
DVD RW / CD RW
Mon: ViewSonic’s VX2233wm

With the Control Panel in "Category View".......

You could also go to: Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > Administrative tools > Computer Management (Double click) >then (right pane double click)"Disc Management local" after that, right click on whatever you want to modify. Windows will remove or format any existing partitions you may have. You cannot create partitions however, (with Windows itself) without reinstalling it.

Thank You

I can't say it enough.....thanks. I actually used a combination of the two programs and once again I have a full 500Gb drive. Thank you, Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back