Multiple viruses causing system to slow down

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have three antipyware running on my computer, grisoft antispyware, spyware doctor and super antispyware? which is more effective?which one will i leave? all these are registered versions.

also i would like to know which antivirus is very effective? my current antivirus is avast pro. im willing to pay for an effective antivirus

anyway my main problem is that when i run spyware doctor, it finds many trojans and viruses. i think this is causing the slow down of my pc. tnx

With antispyware, different programs will pick up different infections.
With anti-virus. you only want 1 active. Avast Pro is perfectly fine. Make sure its updated regularly.

Looking through your log you are indeed infected.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)AVG log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of gian0819 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Is it really a coincidence that in almost every single log that comes through here the infected systems have the yahoo! toolbar?

maybe. I always suspect these add-ons as they usually cause more problems than they purport to fix/assist.

jobeard said:
maybe. I always suspect these add-ons as they usually cause more problems than they purport to fix/assist.

Yeah. I was just reading through some of the logs that have been posted recently and in almost every single one some sort of toolbar was installed.

Now I remember why ive never had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back