Multiple Xboxs, bad connection

ZeroSkating

Ok so my friends like coming to my place and bring their xbox 360's and play online together. Problem is, is that when we all (usually 3 or more of us) try to play online at the same time (joining together, then getting in lobbies) usually only 2 of us can stay connected to x box live. When a couple of us do manage to stay online one of us lags pretty bad. We used to have similar problems when we all played on computers too, when it was 3 of us it was usually ok, but when a 4th person was online playing things got pretty slow.

Im using a belkin wireless G router 2.4Ghz. Is it because its not the best router in the world and too many people are playing off the one router?

Let me know if I should get a new router or what the problem is, id like to start having more people over and doing large xbox 360 parties, but I cant if we cant get on the internet.

Also, I dont think its because of my internet its self, because when im home with just my family, we connect to xbox live, and internet through our computers quickly.

Thanks, let me know

Are you sure its not your internet connection? What is the download/upload speeds of your connection?

I normally use http://speedtest.net/ to check my internet connection speed. I would suggest running this a couple of times to find out your download and upload speeds.

If your not sure what the results mean, you can add the results by clicking the Direct forum link, and then pasting the code into this thread.

Like this:

That "should" be OK.

Have you tried running one or two Xbox 360's via ethernet, and then one via wireless to see if that makes any difference?

well its usually one of them is connected to the router through ethernet, and me and my friend are wireless. last time we did it i was the only wireless and it still acted up

You have a much better connection using ethernet. I would try all three connected by ethernet and see what happens.

I'm sure others can advise further though, as Xbox's aren't my thing.

There can be issues if port forwarding is needed.
There are two models if Xbox and the earlier requries port forwarding which is exclusive
(one & only one). The later model does not need port forwarding(PF).
My roommate needed Steam PF but not sure that was an Xbox issue.

if port forward IS required, then only one xbox will get service as
the mappings is Port#=>specific IP address (that of ONE xbox)

Once PF is engaged, the all other systems will never see inputs from that port regardless of origin.

this is why I made the comment above:

First, get just ONE to work. If things go well w/o port forwarding, then you can try the second.
If PF is required, you're out of luck

fine; attach ONE Xbox and see it it works as a client AND you can also HOST a game

Back